Carpet is a soft, versatile, and cost-effective flooring option that looks great in nearly any home. Unfortunately, though, the tightly packed fibers and threads that make up carpet are susceptible to dirt, dust, grime, and stains that can easily mar the appearance of carpet. With a little thought and care, though, you can keep your carpet clean and beautiful the whole year round.
Keeping a carpet spotless is a challenge, but you can use these tips to make the most of your carpeting:
- Vacuum Regularly: Dirt and dust are present in every home, and it’s inevitable that they’ll work their way into your carpet. If they stay too long, though, they can cause lasting problems – so vacuum your carpet on a regular basis.
- Use Baking Soda: Before you vacuum, try sprinkling a bit of baking soda on your carpet. Baking soda absorbs odors, so using it before vacuuming is a great way to rid your carpet of dirt and odors.
- Consider Becoming A No-Shoes Household: Shoes track dirt, snow, and mud in from the outside, so to prevent extra contaminants, have your family and any guests check their shoes at the door.
- Use Area Rugs: Not all parts of your carpet stain equally. use rugs to protect high-risk areas around tables, desks, and couches.
- Get A Professional Cleaning: For a truly clean carpet, leave it to the pros. A professional carpet cleaning service can clean your carpet to its roots, giving you a spotless, beautiful carpet that looks brand new.
Contact Your Local Anchorage Expert Carpet Cleaners Today!
If you have any more questions on keeping your carpet clean or want to discuss a professional cleaning, we’d be thrilled to help you. Feel free to call us at (907) 562-4980 or reach out to us at our contact page or to schedule a cleaning. We can’t wait to hear from you, and we look forward to helping you get your carpet looking like new!